Home > News > Industry News > The food is moldy, remove the .....

News

The food is moldy, remove the bad part, can you eat?

Winter is a sly season, but today, everyone is very warm, buying a lot of fruits and vegetables, and it will be mildewed after a long time.


Stainless Steel coffee Cup wholesales china

For example, an apple, only a little and a little moldy, you cut off the moldy part and then eat the apple, or directly throw it away?

What is the food moldy? Can you eat it after removing the moldy part? These questions are not very big, but they will be very annoying. Let me talk about it now.

Food mildew is normal

The environment in which we live is full of various microorganisms, one of which is called mold.
Mold is very strong and can lurk in a prolonged environment for a long time. Once the environment is getting better, it will rejuvenate immediately and breed.

The primary condition for mold growth is moisture, followed by nourishment, which is what most foods can provide.

Temperature also has an effect on it, but there are too many molds in the world. From the fresh-keeping temperature in the refrigerator to the normal room temperature, different molds can grow.

Do you think that winter food will not be moldy?

No... The heating and air conditioning room not only warms you, but also warms up various molds.

It can almost be said that the mildew of the food is normal, and it is strange that it is not mildewed.


Although they are all molds, the relationship between different molds and humans is different:
Friendly mold: produce various enzymes to break down food

These molds are very friendly to humans, and their presence gives us a variety of fermented foods such as soy sauce, bean curd, cheese and more.


Unfriendly mold: producing cytotoxins
This cytotoxin is not a joke.


Stainless Steel coffee Cup manufacturer china

Aspergillus flavus may occur in foods such as peanuts, corn, and nuts. The aflatoxin produced by it is a notorious carcinogen. It may not only cause acute poisoning or even death, but long-term low doses may also increase the risk of cancer.

Sugar cane is very popular in winter, but it is not easy to store for a long time and is easy to mold. Moldy sugar cane produces a toxin called trinitropropionic acid. Once people eat this kind of moldy sugar cane, it is likely to be poisoned, and even life-threatening in severe cases.

Penicillin, which often occurs on fruits, produces patulin, which may cause intestinal dysfunction and kidney edema.

It should be emphasized that the various molds in the natural environment are mixed habitats.

Therefore, when a certain food is moldy, we may face those "friendly mold" or "malignant mold", but the biggest possibility is good or bad.

Then, after the moldy part is removed, can the food be eaten?
the answer is……

Remove the moldy part, can not avoid the harm

If the food is moldy, many people in the principle of diligence and thrift, feel that all throw away the strange pity, then remove the moldy part, and the rest continue to eat.
But doing so can't avoid the harm of mold.

The moldy part we saw was actually a part of the mold that developed mycelium completely. In the vicinity, there are already many molds that are invisible to the naked eye.

Moreover, the cytotoxin produced by the mold spreads in the food, and the extent of the spread is related to the texture of the food, the water content, and the severity of the mildew. It is really difficult to estimate the extent of the spread by a pair of naked eyes.

So the safest and most reliable way to treat moldy food is to throw it all away!
Can high temperature heating deal with mold?

No.

Some small partners never give up the virtue of “diligence and thrift”. They feel that as long as the “mildew” is cut off and the food is heated at a high temperature, the toxins can be removed.
But sorry, this is wishful thinking.

First of all, the "mildew" that is cut off is only the surface-formed hyphae, and the mold inside the food and the previously produced toxins cannot be removed.

Secondly, heating can kill mold, but there are still many tough toxins that can withstand the test of high temperatures.

For example, the aforementioned patulin, which can be found in various fruits and juices such as apples, peaches, pears, bananas, grapes, strawberries, pineapples, and tomatoes.

If the apple is moldy, the toxin will enter the apple juice, and the toxin content will be reduced after sterilization, but it cannot be completely eliminated.


Stainless Steel coffee Cup supplier china

All in all, soy sauce, watermelon sauce, fermented bean curd, stinky tofu, stinky cheese... these regular fermented foods can be safely eaten before they expire.

Other common foods, if they are moldy, or throw them directly, there is really no need to take health risks for them.